Thursday 25 November 2010

I believe in taking up criticism positively says John Abraham

john-abraham1[1]1


Actor John Abraham’s sexy abs may be getting him all the female attention, but his hot body is not exactly something that the Bollywood hunk considers as his USP.
Talking about his chiseled looks, Abraham says, “It definitely gets me the eyeballs, but I think that’s not all that earns me a fan following. I think I’m the underdog that everyone relates to. That’s my connection with my fans and also my strength.”
Explaining further, he adds, “My fans have seen me work my way up in the industry - from modelling to the big screen. I am not a star son nor did I have any Godfather. Nothing was offered to me on a platter. I have had my share of struggle and youngsters feel that if I could do it, so can they.”
However, Abraham is also quick to point out that he doesn’t resent the fact that he’s not born into a film family. “I don’t think they have it easy either. At the end of the day, you either deliver or you don’t and that has nothing to do with who you have to back you in this industry.”
He adds, “Today I respect all the success even more because it hasn’t come easy to me.” Is he referring to the initial days as an actor when he was being labeled as just-another-model-who-can’t-act? “Yes, that too. But I did not lose heart, I believe in taking up criticism positively and also as a challenge and try to work on it, rather than sulk about it,” he reveals.
His last release Jhootha Hi Sahi didn’t exactly set the cash registers ringing but Abraham is looking forward to his next - the high on action Kha Kha Kha.

“I’ll be kicking some serious butt in this,” smiles Abraham who will also be seen in the comedy Desi Boyz with Akshay Kumar and Dostana 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment