Thursday 30 December 2010

I was a workaholic and restless by temperament: Nandita Dass

Nandita dass2

Film-maker and actress Nandita Das is glowing as she was last seen with her son Vihaan at a recent event.

Motherhood has changedlife for her and businessman husband Subodh Maskara who are now pround parents of a baby boy.

Talking about the life-altering experience, she says,” I was a workaholic and restless by temperament but I am discovering a far more patient and centered self and so happy just being with my little one. I am missing nothing else!”

Talking about her next film she says, “There are a couple of projects both in terms of acting and directing that I am considering. Recently I have committed to directing an international film called Trafficking (working title) which tells the intertwining story of three young women from very different backgrounds who are forced into the dehumanising world of sexual slavery. I was attracted to the project because it is a powerful story that needs to be told. We know so little about trafficking and an accessible film that touches the hearts and the minds of people will do justice to it.”


Nandita has been in the industry for more than a decade and says that it is her serious image that irks her the most. The actress is percieved to do only ‘meaningful cinema’ and says that she gets annoyed when people ask her about an image makeover. “It has been 14 years since I did my first film Fire. I find it strange that this question is still asked to me as by now my work and choices should have answered them adequately. I want to continue being part of stories that I feel need to be told. I don’t label films as art or commercial. Image is what others create, so neither am I trying to create it or shed it. I am just doing what resonates with my beliefs and interests.”

No comments:

Post a Comment